Romance is in the air. Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching and you are looking for something unique to do with that someone special this year! Yes, you could do something in Niagara Falls — it is the honeymoon capital of the world! But how about take your sweetheart to Chautauqua this year! Oh and if your are looking for romance any other time of the year – you can use this too!
Lovely Chautauqua County is seeded with historical sites and museums that are worthy of return trips throughout the year. And everybody likes to eat out while they are on vacation and Chautauqua County doesn’t disappoint them with family-owned restaurants that have become icons in the upstate culinary circles to the new-age enjoyment in cuisine and fine dining. Summer is gorgeous and in winter scenes are postcard perfect.
- The historic Athenaeum Hotel sits grandly on a tree-shaded hill overlooking picturesque Chautauqua Lake on the grounds of the world-renowned Chautauqua Institution in the southwestern corner of New York State. Serving guests in style since 1881, and now listed on the National Historic Register, this Victorian treasure is a full-service hotel appointed to make your stay a relaxing respite.
- The Maple Springs Lake Side Inn offers the perfect setting for you and your special partner. Imagine celebrating your love by the warmth of a fireplace in a serene Lake Side setting.
- Chautauqua Suites – The all suites hotel and conference center features banquet and meeting capacities of over 1,000 persons. Overlooking Chautauqua Lake and minutes from Chautauqua Institution the Suites is minutes from I-86 as well as I-90 and very near Jamestown NY as well as Erie PA.
Flowers & Other Special Gifts
- Flower Basket, 4477 W Fairmount Ave, Lakewood, NY 14750 – (716) 763-0803
- Forget-Me-Not Flowers & Gifts, 127 Main St, Randolph, NY 14772 – (716) 358-5203
- Stardust Flower Shop , 104 W Main St, Sherman, NY 14781 – (716) 761-6481
- Countryside Flowers, 51 South St, Cattaraugus, NY 14719 – (716) 257-3901
- Fox Valley Flowers, 2 Broad St, Salamanca, NY 14779 -(716) 945-4343
- Garden Of Eden Florist, 432 Fairmount Ave, Jamestown, NY 14701 – (716) 483-3336
- REEDS Jewelers (716) 763-3444 – 361 E Fairmount Ave, Lakewood, NY, 14750
- Zales Jewelers (716) 763-0378 – 318 E Fairmount Ave, Lakewood, NY, 14750
- How about a luxury home over looking Lake Chautauqua? Perhaps it is time for you and your sweetheart to purchase your first home?
Theatre & Entertainment
- 1891 Fredonia Opera House
- Lucille Ball Little Theater
- Reg Lenna Civic Center
- Chautauqua Institution
- Chautauqua Lake Idol
Sports & Recreation
- Chautauqua County has over 400 miles of state funded trails for snowmobiling and even more non funded trails, all accessible from Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio or anywhere close to Western NY.
- Skiing at Holiday Valley - Western NY’s premier ski & golf destination- located in the picturesque village of Ellicottville. The finest in lodging and dining for all seasons!
Chautauqua County is home to year-round activities
Fishing, Biking, Hiking, Kayaking, Birding, Rowing
Golfing, Flying, Biking, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Beaches, Swimming, Boating & Water Sports
Camping, Hunting, Horseback Riding, Fall Foliage & Grape Harvest
Downhill & Cross-Country Skiing, Snowshoeing, Snowboarding, Snowmobiling, Ice Fishing
Chautauqua Area Homes for Sale
Thinking of selling your Erie County home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call www.BestBuffaloHomes.com at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home. View additional WNY Market Area Statistics here.
What about one of these homes?
All Statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®. Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2012 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.