Can Burying a St. Joseph ensure a home Sale?
St. Joseph – Patron Saint of Realtors
There are so many tools available to sellers to ensure successful sale of their Western New York home. The most important tool I have is the market conditions and current sales data to ensure that the home is priced correctly. History of what has happened in the Real Estate market is how we determine the value of your home. The next important tool that your Realtor has is the marketing plan for your home, which includes the Internet, traditional advertising and Open Houses. Getting that WNY home in front of as many potential qualified, ready and willing to purchase buyers.
So where does St. Joseph come into the picture? Well this falls in the it can’t hurt category. Many people believe that burying a St. Joseph statue in the yard will speed up the process of the sale of their WNY home. St. Joseph is the Patron Saint of Realtors after all.
Where did this tradition start?
There are a couple of possible origin of burying a St Joseph statue:
- The solemn tradition of burying St. Joseph in the earth began hundreds of years ago in Europe. During those times, an order of nuns prayed to St. Joseph (the patron saint of the family and household needs) when they needed more lands for convents. The Sisters were encouraged to bury their St. Joseph medals in the ground. The medals evolved into statues.
- St. Joseph may be able to assist. Another possible origin is with German carpenters who put St. Joseph statues in the foundations of homes.
While it may seem a bit improper to bury St. Joseph upside-down on your property, this is actually recommended.
- You can apparently bury either a medal or a statue in the front or back yard
- Right side up or upside down
- Some say the saint should face the house
- Some say he should be close to the “For Sale” sign
Wherever you place the patron saint, it appears that miracles do happen. I cannot guarantee by buying a St. Joseph statue in your Western New York yard that you will sell faster, we just want to make sure that you know about this tradition. The one thing we do know that guarantees a quick sale of your home is that it is priced right, is appealing compared to other similar properties currently on the market. Call us today at (716) 650-0051 for more information.
Homes for your consideration:
Thinking of selling your Erie County home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call www.BestBuffaloHomes.com at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home. View additional WNY Market Area Statistics here.
What about one of these homes?
All Statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®. Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2014 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.