Your Buffalo Home – Selecting the Right Real Estate Agent to Represent YOU!
Selling your Buffalo home should be treated as any other transaction. It should be made without emotional involvement. That is a lot easier said than done. I understand that. But it is important that you work with a professional that can assist you through the emotions and focus on the transaction without emotions.
Read Also: Choices too much for today’s home buyers?
Many times Buffalo Sellers use their hearts instead of their heads when making such an important decision as listing their Buffalo home for sale. By not thinking objectively, it costs Buffalo home sellers important time and money. In some instances, it can cost even more than that. To prevent this from happening to you, don’t make the three biggest mistakes when listing your Buffalo home for sale.
Three of biggest mistakes that Real Estate Home Sellers Make
Selecting an Agent because they agree with your Listing Price or willing to charge you the lowest commission in the area.
Just because you think your Buffalo home is worth a certain amount, does not mean you will get it. You cannot base what it is worth today on a sale that happened last year. There are many factors that affect the listing price of your home.
When pricing your Buffalo home, you need to take into consideration many factors including:
- Condition of your Buffalo home
- Location! Location! Location! Exposure and did we mention Location!
- What the most were for your area
- The effect of Foreclosures and Short Sales have on your Buffalo Neighborhood
- The number of Buffalo homes for sale
- The effect of in the area
- Absorption Rate of your area
- The days on the market that Buffalo homes sold and that are currently on the market
As for the commission you pay for listing your Buffalo home, do you really want to work with someone that thinks so little of their service that they will take anything? Successful marketing of your Buffalo home takes a lot of effort. It starts with the listing price.
Do you really believe that you will get the best service by someone who cuts their commission and doesn’t know the market?
All Realtors® are the same, just pick one.
You know that is not true. If it were, there wouldn’t be all types of companies out there providing great variety of services. What you need is an who knows the Buffalo market, has a good marketing plan and a solid plan to get your home sold.
Things to look for in a Realtor® are:
- An excellent web presence – With over 80% of buyers start their search via the Internet; you must work with a Realtor® who can be found by these buyers.
- Explains the importance of
- An to list and sell your home that they can present to you
- Willing to tell you thing that
- The Realtor®’s company is also an important factor – Does the company have a huge presence in your area? How is their reputation?
- Is someone full of information to help both buyers and sellers
- Willing to give you a list of references
- Someone that you feel comfortable with and have confidence that they will do a good job for you.
Do you still believe that all Realtors® are the same?
Deciding to list with Friends or Family.
This is not good, not for the agent, buyer or seller. Relationships are torn apart from unrealistic expectations. There are hundreds of stories of listing with a friend or family member and great disappointments. It is best to list with someone that you do not have a relationship with. Your friend or family member can always get a referral fee. Do you really want to ruin a good relationship over a Real Estate transaction?
Read Also: Why pricing is so important in the sale of your Buffalo home!
Thinking of selling your Erie County home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call www.BestBuffaloHomes.com at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home. View additional WNY Market Area Statistics here.
Our Featured Homes for Sale:
All Statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®. Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2012 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.