Photography Tips for WNY Realtors
I have a pet peeve – photos that Realtors use for properties…. I have been reviewing a bunch of listings today that I swear the agents went out of their way to show the property in the worst possible way!
So here are some things that I saw today that I thought would be a great reminder…
- Fridge full of papers and artwork from the children – it makes it hard for people to see their stuff there
- Cluttered counters – less on the counter the larger the space feels
- Don’t leave the toilet seat up or leave the towels in a pile on the floor next to the tub- don’t laugh, I saw a photo of a bathroom today of a multimillion dollar property in that state!
- Taking pictures of unmade beds, piles of clothes on a chair
- Stacks of boxes and piles of things
- Don’t take a picture of the neighbors back yard from the property (especially when it is less than perfect)
- Cars in the driveway — the only example that it worked was for a garage that could house a huge motor home, where they had it pulled halfway out of the garage… otherwise unless it is an Mercedes and it comes with the house — bad idea….
- Don’t take a picture of the house when it is not lit properly (hint: The sun should always be behind you when you are shooting the front of the house..
- Picture of a living room with a dog running across the middle of the shot… Wait and take another shot!
- Rooms that are so dark you can’t tell what they are… Turn on every light and open every shade (unless the sun is pouring in, then close them 3/4 of the way…. better yet come back with the sun in a better location)
- Remember more floor and less ceiling in a photograph – it will make the room appear larger. If you have a ceiling detail, take a separate shot of that zoomed in so they can see the detail.
- Pictures not straight – I mean crooked…
- Pictures of a view that unless you are on the roof you would never get or misleading view shots…
Other Helpful Tips
- How to make glass sparkle before your home showing
- Kitchens Sell Homes!
Thinking of selling your Erie County home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call www.BestBuffaloHomes.com at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home. View additional WNY Market Area Statistics here.
Our Featured Homes for Sale:
All Statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®. Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2011 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.