Open Houses don’t sell houses!
Just one thing we can do to assist to get your home SOLD is hosting an Open House. Most times though Open Houses don’t sell houses! There we said it.
But is that really true?
Well Let’s talk about how we approach to having an Open House. Expect that an Open House won’t sell your home. But some homes are sold through an Open House. An Open House is our opportunity to meet potential Buyers and start the home buying process with them. It might sell another home we have, and an open house we have elsewhere may just sell yours. There are no guarantees.
Let’s talk about the types of buyers that visit an Open House and how we look at them:
- Nosy neighbors – they just want to see what your home looks like – we like the nosy neighbor they might
- know someone who might be interested in your home
- they could be thinking of selling and checking us out
- Bored Shoppers – looking to do something on a Sunday Afternoon, especially if it is raining
- Current Sellers – listed with another agent. We encourage you to check out the competition, so we expect that a percentage of our visitors are doing just that
- Recent Home Buyers — checking out the market to reassure themselves that they got a good deal
- Folks looking for decorating ideas — you never know, they might walk in and fall in love and decide to sell what they have and buy your home
- Buyers ready to purchase a home! We can compare them to fruit, and like fruit they come in varying stages:
- Green — they are ready to move, but something is holding them back, perhaps they have to sell an area home first
- Semi-ripe — Qualified Buyer who is ready to purchase when they find the right WNY home
- Ripe — These buyers are qualified, ready and must buy for one reason or another
For more information call Colleen Kulikowski
Thinking of selling your Western New York home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call www.BestBuffaloHomes.com at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home. View additional WNY Market Area Statistics here.