For Sale By Owner many times means frustration for homesellers.
But do you want to?
Here are some things to think about before you list your Buffalo home by yourself:
- 70% to 80% of for sale by owners end up listing with a real estate agent after the house fails to sell
- Many For Sale By Owner homes in the Buffalo area are not priced correctly costing them a significant amount of time and money
- Not everyone can price their home competitively. Do you know what your Buffalo home is worth compared to others that are on the local Real Estate market? Do you know what homes are over-priced and why? More importantly are you basing your price on their asking price?
- Do you have a way to pre-qualify potential buyers?
- Many qualified buyers avoid For Sale By Owners because they do not understand the process and want guidance from a professional. Are you willing to work with those professionals? How are you going to compensate them?
- Do you know the disclosures you need to give potential buyers? The contracts that are used? Do you have an attorney chosen?
- Do you know about Buyer Assistance programs available to many Buffalo home buyers?
You will have strangers walking through your home, how safe can you feel?
- How will you conduct Open Houses? When is the best time to do so? What are the best ways to advertise your Buffalo Open house?
- Many people are “tire kickers”, how are you going to screen them?
- There is more to marketing your Buffalo home for sale then placing a sign out front. How are you going to take advantage of new technology giving home buyers the ability to shop from their home? What websites are useful, how do consumers search?
- How are you going to handle showings?
As you can see there is a lot to think about when selling your Buffalo home by yourself. It is a lot of work to sell your home by yourself, so much so that dealing with phone calls, open houses, appointments for showing your home, and the complicated paperwork many home owners decide to list with a professional. Want to find out how we can assist you in selling your Buffalo home? Call us today at (716) 650-0051.
Thinking of selling your Erie County home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call www.BestBuffaloHomes.com at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home. View additional WNY Market Area Statistics here.
Our Featured Homes for Sale:
All Statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®. Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2012 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.