As of this time, this program is no longer in effect.
Can I get help purchasing a home?
I am asked frequently about Buyer Assistance programs for first-time home buyers.
There is a program that is sponsored by the Erie County Department of Environment and Planning to help eligible families become homeowners.
Funding provided by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development HOME program.
Criteria for Participation:
- Applicant must not have owned a home within the past three years unless one of the following apply:
- the applicant is a single parent and owned a home with his or her former spouse when married, or resided in a home owned by the former spouse
- the applicant owns and resides in a house that is not affixed to a permanent foundation
- The purchased property must be a single-family or two-family home.
- Purchase price must not exceed $107,000 for a single-family and $135,890 for a two-family home
- Property must be owner-occupied after purchase
- Property must be free of any lead-based pain hazards
- The property must satisfy HUD housing quality standards and local building code requirements
- The property must be located within Erie county excluding (and the villages therein):
- City of Buffalo
- Town of Amherst
- Town of Cheektowaga
- Town of Hamburg
- Town of Tonawanda
- Household gross income must not exceed the income figures below:
- 1 Person – $ 34,100
- 2 Persons – $ 38,950
- 3 Persons – $ 43,850
- 4 Persons – $ 48,700
- 5 Persons – $ 52,600
- 6 Persons – $ 56,500
- 7 Persons – $ 60,400
- 8+ Persons – $ 64,300
The Home Buyer must provide:
- A 1% down payment
- Additional down payment and closing costs determined by the lender
For more information:
Erie County Department of Environment and Planning
95 Franklin Street 10th Floor | Buffalo NY 14202
Selection of Erie County Homes for Sale
Thinking of selling your Erie County home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call www.BestBuffaloHomes.com at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home. View additional WNY Market Area Statistics here.
What about one of these homes?
PLACEHOLDERAll Statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®. Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2014 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.