Checklist to prepare your home for sale!
Thinking of Selling your home?
Are you thinking of selling your home? I wrote a post Before our appointment to list your home that shares some things that you need to prepare to list your home for sale.
Today, I want to share a few things that you can do before your home is listed to get it ready to shine in this highly competitive market. It is best to get these items completed before your home is seen by potential buyers. It also sets the stage for the photography of your home for all your advertising. It also has the you getting in the habit of having your home always ready for a showing.
Read Also: Should I stage my Western New York home?
Get Rid of the Clutter!
- Have a garage sale, donate a bunch of stuff to Goodwill and put anything unnecessary into storage
- Counters clear, refrigerator art gallery removed and make sure that all lights are working
- If you think it should be removed – REMOVE IT! Less is more!
- Make sure each room has a clear purpose
Read Also:Why pricing is so important in the sale of your Buffalo home!
It is all about First Impression!
- What condition is your mailbox in? Replace it with a new one if it looks sad. Plant flowers around the base.
- House number clearly visible from the street? If not, make it so!
- Fertilized the lawn about two weeks before putting it on the market, fill the flower beds with flowers
- Buy a new welcome mat
- Flower beds refresh the mulch beds
- Make sure of your outdoor lighting is functioning, many home buyers check out the neighborhood at odd hours
Read Also: The Home Stylist
Thinking of selling your Erie County home? Interested in finding out the current market value of your single family home, condo or investment property? Then call www.BestBuffaloHomes.com at (716) 650-0051 to discuss what is happening in today’s Western New York Real Estate Market. We would be happy to give you a personalized Comparative Market Analysis for your home or assist you to purchase a home. View additional WNY Market Area Statistics here.
What about one of these homes?
All Statistics are gathered from the Buffalo Niagara Association of REALTORS®. Properties found on this Web site may be listed with a brokerage other than the owner of this site and are displayed here via the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) system of this broker’s MLS. All information deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be independently verified. All properties are subject to prior sale, change or withdrawal. Neither listing nor displaying broker shall be responsible for any typographical errors, misinformation, misprints, and shall be held totally harmless. © 2012 Western New York Real Estate Information Services (WNYREIS), LLC. All rights reserved.